Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Travelish

Thursday for L.A. The Summer of Josh reaches it's tantalizing conclusion in the next few days, gross fabrications to follow!

Fellow wine connosieurs can appreciate this tidbit. Our family frequents a nice Italian restaurant in Omaha, where they serve an amazing house chianti. Every table is served with a caraffe, where you can pay by the glass for $4, or buy the whole thing for $20. I was up visting my brother this weekend, and we stopped by so that I could try and buy a few bottles to bring home with me. I had phoned ahead earlier to see if they'd do this, and after consulting the manager, the man I was talking to agreed to sell me a bottle for $30.

This, that, the other, which mainly involved playing Ms. Pacman at an oldschool family arcade, and we finally stopped in to pick it up. The guy in charge had no idea what I was talking about, and twiddled his thumbs for a few minutes until the owner walked in the door. After a hurried and rather secretish conversation, the owner walked behind the bar, grabbed a large jug of wine, and presented it to me with a suspiciously hearty grin.

"I can give it to you for $18, I don't know where he got $30 from!"

Anyone vaguely familiar with the fine Mexican palatte would instantly recognize the label on this tasty vintage. Carlo Rossi, 2005!

4 Comments:

Blogger Koobs said...

Holy crap. You paid more than $3 for Carlo Rossi? Scrath that. You PAID for Carlo Rossi!? Isn't that what Johhny K got sick off (and you too subsequently)?

4:07 PM  
Blogger mittens said...

After he guzzled the whole jug, I took some compromising pictures of his belly.. if that's what you're talking about. I can't believe he deleted them they were so hot :(

4:26 PM  
Blogger mittens said...

Oh yeah, I also had a voice recording of him barfing. Damn I miss that phone

4:58 PM  
Blogger Koobs said...

But didn't that make you puke as well?

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home